My daughter and I had such an amazing time volunteering with Compassion International at the Rock and Worship Roadshow Friday night. She was ecstatic she was able to meet The Newsboys and get her CD signed by them. The lead singer asked her to come around the table and give him a hug.
We had some shirts made up from WeBloom Floral, two moms whose children attend my daughters' school, they did an excellent job. We did a lot of dancing, singing, and praising that night, all the music was amazing.
Click here to see The Rock and Worship Roadshow is coming to a city near you!
Ellie was excited not only about going to the concert but also being able to volunteer at the event. When the time came we walked up and down the stairs of our assigned section and handed out child packets to those who were interested in sponsoring a child. We also helped take donations, in which the show donates the first $2000 to a local church in each city. After the show we received an email from Compassion to let us know 500 children were sponsored at the concert in Dallas. Wow! that means 500 children will get to participate in a church-based program that offers life-changing benefits including help with:
- health care
- social skills development
- Christian training
Why sponsor a child through Compassion International?Compassion is a Christian ministry that works through the local church, and therefore we do not accept government funds. This also distinguishes us from other child sponsorship organizations.
Compassion's holistic ministry is:
- Child focused – We are committed to making a difference in each child's life. Local staff is personally acquainted with each child to minister to his or her unique needs. We believe in ministering to individual children because they will be the ones to better their communities and nations in the future.
- Christ centered – We commit to honor Jesus Christ in all that we do. Every child who participates in a Compassion program is given the opportunity to learn about Jesus Christ and discover how to develop a lifelong relationship with God.
- Church based – We work exclusively through indigenous churches to create child development ministries so that church leaders and members around the world can become effective child advocates in their communities. Instead of throwing money at a problem, we believe in bringing long-term change.
- Committed to integrity – We commit to upholding the highest professional and biblical principles. We strive for excellence and exercise integrity to best benefit children in need.
Are you ready to make a difference in a child's life? Click below to get started.
Linking up with Purposeful Faith